Work for Us
This job is no longer available.
Job Title: Finance & Operations Intern
Posting Date: 08/09/2012
Starting Date: 09/17/2012
World Education is seeking a part-time Finance & Operations Intern to join the Boston-based team, which supports programs throughout sub-Saharan Africa. Programs are implemented in partnership with local institutions, and are designed to build the skills and strengthen the capacity of local partners. Using non formal training methods, program activities focus on developing strong civil society organizations and sustainable service delivery at the community level in areas that include: education, youth development, community participation, literacy, micro enterprise/micro finance and HIV prevention.
The Finance & Operations Intern will work as part of the division's finance team, providing support to project financial, accounting, and administrative operations. This position will be based in Boston, MA.
The Intern will work in the areas of project finance, compliance, and administration, and will gain exposure to both headquarters-based and field-based operations. Responsibilities may include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Maintains project financial files, ensuring documentation is complete and audit ready.
- Reviews advance and advance reconciliation documentation for field NGO partners.
- Reviews vouchers and back-up documentation for compliance and audit readiness.
- Prepares routine financial analyses to assist in the evaluation of project finances.
- Assists staff in the project budgeting and planning process.
- Prepares timely and accurate financial information.
- Provides data input and general office support.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
BA/BS degree completed or in progress
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word
- Strong interest in the finance and administrative aspects of international development
- French language skills strongly preferred
Salary commensurate with experience.
WEI is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action
Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing
equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees
without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed,
religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation,
sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or
military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in
any employment decisions. M/F/V/D
If you are an individual with a disability, or a disabled veteran and
unable to apply online for an available position, you may submit your
request for reasonable accommodation by calling Human Resources at 617-482-9485.
Back to top
Return to Job Listings