World Education is a national leader in designing and providing professional development for the adult education sector in the United States. We have developed, led, and collaborated on local, regional, and national capacity-building projects. World Education has built and operates four professional development centers and a statewide adult literacy hotline:
- The EdTech Center at World Education supports educators and local partners in the integration of digital technologies into instruction, promotes digital literacy and access to accelerate college and career readiness, and offers mobile and online learning opportunities.
- LINCS Region 1 Regional Professional Development Center provides high-quality, evidence-based materials and professional development activities to Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, Vermont, and the Virgin Islands.
- Massachusetts Adult Literacy Hotline refers prospective adult learners and volunteers to more than 300 adult education programs in Massachusetts.
- National College Transition Network (NCTN) supports adult education staff, programs, and states, as well as regional and municipal agencies to establish and strengthen college and career readiness services and career pathways for adult learners.
- New England Literacy Resource Center (NELRC) strengthens adult literacy services in New England through collaborative projects with adult literacy professional development providers, practitioners, and policymakers.
- The System for Adult Basic Education Support (SABES) Center for Education and Career Planning provides professional development opportunities that build the capacity of Adult Basic Education advisors, instructors, administrators and programs to fully implement effective education and career advising and career planning in order to support college and career readiness for all students. The Center also provides support to adult education providers in designing, implementing, and improving Adult Career Pathways programs.