Frequently Asked Questions
How Will My Gift Be Used?
Your gift goes directly to the people and communities you want to help. We use small amounts of private funding to develop and test new innovations that are often replicated in other regions where we work. We rely on gifts from people like you to support our most creative work.
We understand that there are many great and urgent causes competing for your gifts. We hope you'll consider the following when making your giving decisions:
How Will My Gift Make A Difference?
- We support a highly professional staff with many years of expertise in the field. Of our 533 staff, 428 are host-country nationals.
- Our programs are rooted in research and developed based on community priorities.
- All of our work is conducted in partnerships to make sure our activities reach the greatest number of people and have the greatest potential to continue over time.
- We are a learning organization and carefully track and measure our progress to learn what is effective.
- We bring a strong history of sound financial management.
Private gifts make a difference at a range of levels. Smaller gifts may be used to develop vital training or teaching materials—that are often replicated in other programs and regions. Larger gifts may be used to launch or expand new or successful initiatives.
Is My Gift Tax-Deductible?
100% of your contribution is tax-deductible. We always provide a receipt for your gift soon after we receive it.
How Else Can I Give Besides Writing a Check?
There are many ways you can give to World Education. Information about matching gifts, giving stock, making a planned gift or honoring a loved one through a gift to World Education is available here or by contacting Janet Barry at 617.482.9485 or firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Can I Give By Credit Card or Make Monthly Gifts By Credit or Debit Card?
You can make secure credit card gifts. If you have any issues donating online, please contact Christine Del Castillo at 617.482.9485 or email@example.com. World Education will not share your information with any other person, organization, or business.
For more information about giving or ways to get involved, please contact Christine Del Castillo
by phone at 617.482.9485 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support!
Nearly 85% of every $1 given goes directly to programs.
Every $1 of private giving typically attracts $5 in additional funding.
For more information on World Education's financial history:
Download World Education 2012 990 Form (PDF, 471 KB)
Education 2012 Financial Statement and Independent Auditors Report (PDF,